Revolution Prep's philosophy: "We look for educators who believe in the value of one-on-one instruction and personalized lesson plans and who have a strong desire to help students achieve their educational dreams."
Qualifications (quoted directly from the original job posting)
- Previous teaching experience and familiarity with the creation of lesson plans
- Ability to teach consecutive online tutoring sessions
- Ability to work during peak tutoring hours during the week
- Ability to work on the weekends
- High-speed internet and webcam, as well as a clean, quiet, professional setting for online sessions
- Ability to teach math (algebra, geometry, trigonometry, stats, calculus) and/or science (biology, chemistry, physics) preferred
- Ability to teach foreign languages is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree from a top school required, higher education preferred
- Applicants with expertise in higher level math (alg II, trig, pre-calculus, calculus AB/BC, stats), science (physics, chemistry, and biology up to AP level), Economics, and languages (Spanish and/or French) strongly preferred - Note that all tutors are asked to be able to teach SAT/ACT test preparation as a foundation (training provided) and can thereafter declare additional subjects in which they specialize
Tutors work between 35 to 40 hours each week (depending on the season). You will have a set work schedule with appropriate office hours. Office hours are available Monday through Friday from 12pm-9pm PST; and Saturday and Sunday from 7am-8pm PST. All tutors report to a designated Instruction Manager, and work as a part of an Instructional Team.
The hourly pay rate starts at $20-$30 per hour (DOE), with ongoing performance bonuses. Tutors are also eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental,vision, 401(k), and flexible time off.
To learn more about this home-based position and to submit an application, visit the link below: