Write Score is currently looking for 250-300 individuals to score writing assessments (essays) from home for several school districts. The academic scoring season runs from August through May. According to the job posting, work is fairly consistent but there is some fluctuation. If hired for this position, you will be considered an independent contractor for this company. The rate of pay for this position is between $8.00-$15.00 per hour.
About the position....
This scoring position is completely home-based, and you will work remotely from your home using your own computer and high speed internet service. All Assessment Scorers will participate in a required evaluation period for this project. You must successfully complete the evaluation period in order to work on this scoring project. Write Score states "scorers will be required to read individual essays and assign independent scores that accurately describe those attributes of the essay."
Job Requirements (quoted from the original job posting):
You must be able to read, speak and understand the English language.
- Must have excellent communications skills
- Candidate will need to have a personal computer with high speed internet access
- Should be detail oriented, self -motivated and be able to work independently
- Use the required procedures and maintain consistent and reliable scoring
- 2-year degree
- Successful completion of training
- Must be flexible (especially during the holidays)
- Candidate should be open to instruction and receptive to constructive criticism
- Must have the ability to meet goals and deadlines, and work well under pressure
To submit your resume for this position, click the link below-and you will be directed to the original job posting.
Assessment Scorers for Write Score